On Wednesday, 20th of December 2017, the first private pan-African higher education platform, Honoris United Universities, announced that its network institution in South Africa, REGENT Business School, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education to establish a branch in the capital city of Cairo. The MoU was signed during the recently held “Africa 2017” Conference in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, and reflects Honoris’ commitment to be a leading and referential pan-African education organization. Programme offerings are expected to launch during 2018/2019.
“We at Honoris United Universities are committed to expanding our presence in Africa by supporting multicultural and cross-border academic and professional experiences. These will support the development of graduates that are competitive in today’s fast-paced and demanding labour markets. Collaborative intelligence, cultural agility and mobile mindsets and skills are at the heart of Honoris’ vision of higher education. With this vision, we see significant potential in Egypt to provide impactful education to the future generations of leaders and to participate meaningfully in their development,” Luis Lopez, CEO of Honoris United Universities said while Commenting on the MoU.
One of Southern Africa’s leading business education institutes, REGENT Business School will offer a variety of local and international business and management education programmes for Egyptian undergraduate and postgraduate students. The Master of Business Administration offered by REGENT Business School is ranked 4th out of 200 African institutions by the esteemed Eduniversal survey.
“We are thrilled to be establishing our presence in a promising and vibrant country like Egypt. The programmes we offer at REGENT Business School are benchmarked against internationally recognized programmes and are unique in that they suitably fit the requirements of the local job market. Our undergraduate and postgraduate offerings are designed to equip students – Africa’s future leaders – with theoretical and practical expertise in the fields of business administration, commerce, management and leadership, entrepreneurship, local government and educational management so they can make a strong contribution in shaping our continent’s future,” the Managing Director of REGENT Business School, Ahmed Shaikh, added.
“This imminent expansion to Egypt marks an important milestone for Honoris United Universities, cementing its footprint further in North Africa. With support from the Egyptian government and a huge demand for high quality, accessible education, we are excited about the growth prospects for higher education in the country.
Actis is a committed, long-term investor in Egypt. We have invested over US$700m in the country to date, enabling us to identify and to work with world-class institutions such as the Honoris United Universities network to support their growth ambitions.”
What you need to know about Honoris United Universities
- Honoris United Universities is the first pan-African private higher education network committed to preparing and educating the next generation of African leaders and professionals able to impact regionally in a globalized world.
- Honoris United Universities gathers a community of 27,000 students on 48 campuses, learning centers and online, in 9 countries and 30 cities across Africa.
- More than 100 degrees are offered in the fields of Health Science, Engineering, IT, Business, Law, Architecture, Arts and Design, Media, Education and Political Science.
Regent Business School (RBS), South Africa
• Regent Business School (RBS), was established in 1998
• It is headquartered in South Africa
• Premium management education to shape leaders for business and society
• It has four Leading Centres of Excellence: The Institute of Entrepreneurship; The Centre for Islamic Finance and Banking; The Centre for the BRICS Business Schools Association; The Centre for Public Sector Administration Management and Innovation
• Regent Business School (RBS) has over 5,000 alumni throughout Africa
• Its Campuses are in major sites in South Africa including Durban, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Pretoria, as well as in leading SADC countries Swaziland and Namibia