Africa focused digital payments and commerce company, Interswitch, will hold its first 7 Solutions Fair/Engagement Platform on the 14th and 15th of September 2017. The event tagged “Interswitch connect” is scheduled to take place at the Landmark Event Centre, Victoria Island Lagos.
According to Interswitch, the two-day Product Fair and Industry Conference will focus on customer engagement across various sectors which include: established Corporates, SMEs, Government Agencies, Financial Institutions, Tech community, Media and the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) with whom Interswitch has exclusive distribution partnerships.
Global bestselling author, futurist, host of “Breaking Banks” Radio Show and co-founder and CEO of Moven, a New York-based mobile banking start up, Brett King, will be a key note speaker at the conference themed “Digital Transformation Imperatives: Innovative Evolution or Disruptive Innovation?”
Brett King has over the years delivered keynotes at conferences in more than 40 countries for organizations like Google, Forbes, Oracle, The Economist, SAS, SWIFT, Bloomberg, American Banker, ABA, Informa, World Council of Credit Unions, and others. He has served as an international judge for The Asian Banker Retail Banking Excellence Awards, the GSMA Global Mobile Awards, the Middle East Business Achievement and Retail Banking Awards.
Other speakers at the conference include:
- Stephen Van Coller – Member of the MTN Group Executive Committee-
- John Chaplin – Director of Interswitch in West Africa,
- Austin Okere – Founder & Executive Vice Chairman of CWG Plc ,
- Iyinoluwa Aboyeji – Co-founder of Flutterwave,
- Edward Ndichu – Head, Digital Financial Service & Mobile Payments at KCB Bank Group
- Adewale Arikawe – Director for FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria PLC
- Olu Akanmu – Executive Director for Retail Banking at FCMB
- Olubayo Adekanbi – Chief Transformation Officer at MTN,
- Shola Akinlade – Co-founder and CEO of Paystack
- Aggrey Maposa – CEO for Kantar TNS East Africa,
- Nneka Mobisson – 2017 Cartier Women’s Award finalist and Founder/CEO of mDoc
- Jay Alabraba – Co-founder of Lagos, Nigeria-based Paga
What you need didn’t know about Interswitch
Interswitch built Nigeria’s transaction switching infrastructure and connected all the banks in the country. The company did this about 15 years ago with the strategic objective of becoming a truly pan-African electronic transactions business.
In 2014, the company announced a partnership agreement with Paynet, East Africa’s leading multi-institutional payments provider, creating an unrivalled payments infrastructure spanning nine African countries.
Interswitch provides a variety of e-payment services, such as web and mobile payment platforms including Quickteller, a pan-African chip + PIN payment card (Verve), revenue collection, management and disbursement services (Paydirect and Autopay), sales and inventory management (Retailpay) and vertical industry solutions covering industries such as transportation, government, health and energy.