Foremost taxi-hailing app, Uber, in partnership with a Nairobi-based helicopter charter service, Corporate Helicopters, will give certain Uber customers the opportunity to enjoy a 20-minute helicopter ride on Sunday September 4th. The lucky customers will get to fly across either the beautiful Rift Valley in Nairobi or the breathtaking coastline of Mombasa.
The ride, dubbed UberCHOPPER, comes two months after Uber waged a price war against its competitors in Kenya by reducing their fare price, a move that backfired as drivers boycotted the company. However, this latest move by Uber is one that targets high-class corporate clients who need to move across Kenya without the hassle of having to beat the Nairobi traffic. The service will be available in Mombasa and Nairobi.
How to get an UberCHOPPER ride
According to Uber Kenya, there are two ways to secure a chopper ride:
Winning a pair of ticket online
• Watch the GIF above and take a screenshot of the #UberCHOPPER centered exactly over the giraffe.
• Follow all Uber Kenya and Corporate Helicopters social media pages.
• Post the screenshot with #UberCHOPPER and your city, using #Nairobi or #Mombasa.
• Tag Uber Kenya, Corporate Helicopters and a person that you’d like to share your ride with.
• Be sure to describe why you picked the person tagged to share an experience of a lifetime with.
• If you are lucky then you will be among Uber’s favourite entries that they will offer a ride on Sunday.
Request UberCHOPPER through the app
This is the easiest way
• Enter promo code ‘CORPHELIKE’ in the promotions section of the app to unlock the UberCHOPPER option.
• Open your app at 10:00 am on Sunday, September 4, 2016.
• Pair up with your guest and select the UberCHOPPER option.
• Confirm your pickup location in Nairobi or Mombasa.
• Tap the request button at the bottom of the screen and cross your fingers.
• If connected, you will be called by your driver and picked up for a ride to the helipad.
So what happens to the winners?
• Winners of the social media competition will be picked and announced in advance.
• The first person to request UberCHOPPER through the app at 10:00 am on Sunday, September 4 (either in Nairobi or Mombasa) will win the final pair of seats available in both cities.
• The guest must be with the winner at their pickup location.
• The winner must have a valid ID to board the helicopter. And all passengers must be 18 years or older.