“We want we want to do power, that will be about 2,000 mw, that is infrastructure. We will be investing in petrochemical, which has to do with fertiliser and so on. We will do mining. These three things in the next three years, will be gulp $7 billion. We will put down our equity of about $2.5 billion and borrow $4.5 billion dollars.” – Aliko Dangote, Chairman, CEO Dangote Group
Elsewhere on Ventures
- It’s been four years since the UN House bombing – How has Nigeria combated the insurgency?
- Could a salary slash in Nigeria actually increase corruption in the legislature?
- Two important victories for Nigeria’s oil sector
- Will ordering Katsina teachers to transfer their children to public schools save its education sector?
- How Rwanda’s Premier League is solving Africa’s age old revenue generation problem
- Why Blessing Okagbare’s response to critics is the best thing ever
- A new report shows polygamy and alcohol are linked to abusive marriages throughout Africa
- How this young woman’s innovative menu can change the way Africans eat