Private equity funds in Africa and the developing world are set for increased investment from the Norwegian Investment Fund for Developing Countries (Norfund), which has announced plans to double its portfolio over the next five years. Click here to read more
Elsewhere on Ventures
- Here’s a breakdown of the alleged N2.23 trillion fraud in NNPC
- Dear Rwandans, MasterCard just partnered with the government to fast-track the move to a cashless economy
- Watch WEF on Africa 2016 live: Day 3
- If Nigeria’s economy is really headed for a recession, here are five things that could go wrong
- EgyptAir update: Forensic authorities dismiss claims of explosion aboard Flight MS804
- Africa’s latest health concerns: Why Nigeria should be worried about the arrival of Zika virus and Yellow fever on the continent.
- This is why idle farmers in Zimbabwe are contributing to the country’s HIV/AIDS growth rate.
- Like Okonkwo in Things Fall Apart, Governor Fayose is refusing to cower in the face of oppression
- This viral video of a Nigerian-American Uber driver highlights a real issue about African parents
- JAND: This web comic tells the story of Nigerian students in diaspora
- These images best describe how Nigerians reacted to the removal of fuel subsidy in 2012 versus 2016
- Dressing for the job you want: How a windscreen cleaner might be getting closer to his ‘job goals’