Expanding the yield of small-scale agriculture is vital – not only to feed those in need, but to ensure global stability and preserve the environment. These were among the key messages that emerged during the 35th session of the Governing Council of the International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) that ended in Rome today. Click here to read the full report
Elsewhere on Ventures
- What to expect from upcoming elections in the Ivory Coast
- Why October 25th may not be a field day for Tanzania’s ruling party
- Yoruba leaders have demanded the arrest of Fulani herdsmen or they will take matters into their own hands. Is it time for government intervention?
- Controversy aside, who was Diepreye Alamieyeseigha?
- How to get away with infidelity: Saudi woman may face jail term for ‘defaming’ cheating husband
- Clarence Peter’s film ‘Hex’ is a new kind of Nollywood horror
- The Diezanionaire saga: 25 interesting reactions from Nigerians
- #NoBraDay: How ridiculous sounding campaign slogans can belie a greater purpose