The Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards targets and supports women entrepreneurs who are starting their own business. Laureates have come from around the world, Africa included.
Elsewhere on Ventures
- How to get away with infidelity: Saudi woman may face jail term for ‘defaming’ cheating husband
- Ebola’s emergence in Cross Rivers, Nigeria is not cause for panic. Here’s why
- Caring for the aged: Why are homes for the elderly still ‘taboo’ in Nigeria?
- The ‘Karishika’ illuminates the demonization of Nigerian women. Here’s why
- Nigerian student builds fully functional artificial intelligence robot in Sri Lanka
- Here are 4 times innovation and women’s sanitary needs have converged for the better
- Why competition in mobile innovation is good for consumers
- Africa will be home to the world’s first droneport, built to save lives and advance economies