The Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards targets and supports women entrepreneurs who are starting their own business. Laureates have come from around the world, Africa included.
Elsewhere on Ventures
- Ambassadorial nominees reject appointment: Is Buhari’s ‘branding’ becoming toxic?
- These are names of the 46 non-career ambassadorial nominees President Buhari sent to the Senate
- The absence of efficient financial checks has encouraged wasteful spending in Nigerian universities
- What would the ICC look like without African countries as members?
- Here is a list of actual, credible, real Wonder Women the UN could have chosen from
- This albinism beauty pageant is a significant milestone in the fight against albino killing and discrimination in Africa
- Na woman dey drive: Discussing patriarchy and sexism on Nigerian roads
- Ngozi Okonjo Iweala gets third international appointment after leaving the office of Nigeria’s Minister of Finance
- A teenager from Namibia invents a “sim-less” and “airtime-free” phone
- Meet the finalists for the 2016 AppsAfrica Innovation Awards
- This lifesaving delivery kit designed by a Nigerian woman was inspired by the death of a friend
- A chip in time: The socioeconomic benefits of tracking livestock in Nigeria go beyond the Fulani herdsmen crisis