African Development Bank and Canada share commitment to women’s empowerment on the continent
Top StoriesCritical News in Africa
Elsewhere on Ventures
- These are two female entrepreneurs to watch in Africa’s organic skincare space
- Blockchain EXE hosts 5-day workshop at the University of Rwanda
- Taxify to expand operations in East Africa as ride-sharing services battle for market share.
- Bridgebooks offers bespoke accounting, HR and IT solutions to entrepreneurs and SMEs in Nigeria
- BoI’s ‘Trader Moni’ will make collateral-free loans available to 2 million businesses.
- Quantum Global scores another victory in its dispute with Angola sovereign wealth fund
- Madonna launches $60,000 fundraiser to uplift Malawi’s rural children
- Obama blames African governments for brain drain on the continent
- How Allyn Gaestel got to the bottom of the Makoko Floating School scandal
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie to be awarded Honorary Doctorate by Duke University
- It’s 2018, still slavery, discrimination, and repression prevail in Mauritania
- Professor Noble Banadda becomes first African to win the Pius XI Medal
- Light from Maize: Meet the innovator who seeks to revolutionize power generation in Malawi
- Why the African Continental Free Trade Area should be digitized.
- This Rwanda-based company makes sanitary pads from banana fibre
- HackforGood 2018 – Transforming the continent’s narrative from aid to Africa to made in Africa